In this category, players are expected to complete a 4-Week case study on themselves.
Before and After Photos
Take a Before and After picture of yourself (front and both sides). The pictures must have a timestamp on the photos. The photos should be the same distance and lighting in both sets of pictures.
- Photos must be in JPG or PNG format.
- Photos must be original and unedited.
Upon submission, you give The Extraordinary Esthetician rights to use these photos and likeness at the sole discretion of The Extraordinary Esthetician et al for marketing purposes.
Each player must submit 6 video diaries.
- Video 1 – must introduce yourself and talk about sanitation in your practice.
- Video 2 – must talk about your protocol and why you chose that protocol for your skin type.
- Video 3 – Demonstration of your protocol
- Video 4 – Talk about the specific ingredients that you have chosen for your case study and why they are the right choice for your specific skin type and concern.
- Video 5 – Demonstration of your protocol
- Video 6 – must give a summary of your case study, and discussion of how you got your results.
***All videos must be less than two minutes in length and uploaded to the Video Upload page on The Skin Games website.
You can also use other transfer modes for your media like DropBox, WeTransfer, Google Share ect.
The Extraordinary Esthetician et al and The Skin Games are not responsible for any internet transmission problems or issues and will not be held liable for late or misdirected online submissions so make sure not to procrastinate and wait for the last minute to upload.
Videos must be uploaded before July 1, 2020.
Player Case Study Report
Player must fill out a weekly protocol report, 4 weeks total.
Winner Selection and Notification
All participant entries will be judged and ten finalists will be selected in each of The Skin Games categories by July 14, 2020 Judging will be based on the participant’s photos, videos, and case study report submitted by the contest deadline of July 1, 2020.
Final judging of the finalists will be held at the Live Show, by a panel of judges. Finalists must attend the Live Show to be considered for an award. The Live Show is to be held July 30– August 1, 2020 at the Renaissance Hotel – Palm Springs, California.
Finalists will be interviewed by a panel of judges at the Live Show. Interview questions to remain confidential. Judges will be screened and put through a verification process by the Esthetics Council.
Judge scoring will be based on the following criteria:
- Quality of results achieved over the 4 week period
- Participants understanding of the skin type and skin condition being treated
- Participants ability to explain treatment protocols
- Participants knowledge of products used
- Documentation of results achieved over the 4 week period
- Adequacy of photos and videos
- Adherence to contest rules
Scoring information is confidential and proprietary and will not be released. Decisions of the judges are final. Judges will be screened and put through a verification process by the Esthetics Council.
Winners will be announced at the Live Show to be held August 1, 2020.
Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
$10,000 Cash prize for Esthetician of the Year. Estheticians must compete in at least 3 categories to win the $10,000 cash prize.
The newly added SELFIE category will be included as one of the categories that will count towards the $10,000.
The winner will be the highest combined score of 3 categories which would include the following categories: Age Management, Acne, Compromised Skin, Pigmentation, Open, Open Medical, New Esthetician, Holistic and SELFIE.
If you are competing in more then 3 categories, the top 3 highest scores be will added together to get the final score.