Selfie Category Rules & Regulations
Read through the rules and regulations for the Selfie Competition
Selfie Skin Competition Rules
In this category, players are expected to complete a 4-Week case study on themselves.
Before and After Photos
Take a Before and After picture of yourself (front and both sides). The pictures must have a timestamp on the photos. The photos should be the same distance and lighting in both sets of pictures.
- Photos must be in JPG or PNG format.
- Photos must be original and unedited.
Upon submission, you give The Extraordinary Esthetician rights to use these photos and likeness at the sole discretion of The Extraordinary Esthetician et al for marketing purposes.
Each player must submit 6 video diaries.
- Video 1 – must introduce yourself and talk about sanitation in your practice.
- Video 2 – must talk about your protocol and why you chose that protocol for your skin type.
- Video 3 – Demonstration of your protocol
- Video 4 – Talk about the specific ingredients that you have chosen for your case study and why they are the right choice for your specific skin type and concern.
- Video 5 – Demonstration of your protocol
- Video 6 – must give a summary of your case study, and discussion of how you got your results.
***All videos must be less than two minutes in length and uploaded to the Video Upload page on The Skin Games website.
You can also use other transfer modes for your media like DropBox, WeTransfer, Google Share ect.
The Extraordinary Esthetician et al and The Skin Games are not responsible for any internet transmission problems or issues and will not be held liable for late or misdirected online submissions so make sure not to procrastinate and wait for the last minute to upload.
Videos must be uploaded before December 31, 2021.
Player Case Study Report
Player must fill out a weekly protocol report, 4 weeks total.
Winner Selection and Notification
All participant entries will be judged and ten finalists will be selected in each of The Skin Games categories by Jan.15, 2021 Judging will be based on the participant’s photos, videos, and case study report submitted by the contest deadline of Dec. 31, 2021.
Final judging of the finalists will be held at the Live Show, by a panel of judges. Finalists must attend the Live Show to be considered for an award. The Live Show is to be held Florida 2022. Date and venue to be decided.
Finalists will be interviewed by a panel of judges at the Live Show. Interview questions to remain confidential. Judges will be screened and put through a verification process by the Esthetics Council.
Judge scoring will be based on the following criteria:
- Quality of results achieved over the 4 week period
- Participants understanding of the skin type and skin condition being treated
- Participants ability to explain treatment protocols
- Participants knowledge of products used
- Documentation of results achieved over the 4 week period
- Adequacy of photos and videos
- Adherence to contest rules
Scoring information is confidential and proprietary and will not be released. Decisions of the judges are final. Judges will be screened and put through a verification process by the Esthetics Council.
Winners will be announced at the Live Show in Florida 2022.
Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
$10,000 Cash prize for Esthetician of the Year. Estheticians must compete in at least 3 categories to win the $10,000 cash prize.
The newly added SELFIE category will be included as one of the categories that will count towards the $10,000.
The winner will be the highest combined score of 3 categories which would include the following categories: Age Management, Acne, Compromised Skin, Pigmentation, Open, Open Medical, New Esthetician, Holistic and SELFIE.
If you are competing in more then 3 categories, the top 3 highest scores be will added together to get the final score.
Selfie Wax Competition Rules
Before and After Waxing on Yourself or Family member
Video of Waxing Professional Waxing Process
Roll that video of your waxing yourself or a family member while quarantining. Submit your video and receive a FREE REGISTRATION TO THE WAXING CATEGORY COMPETITION PLUS EXTRA CREDIT POINTS TOWARD YOUR TOTAL WAXING COMPETITION SCORE.
- Video must be NO longer than 5-minutes editing may be required.
- Areas to be waxed hair must be ¼ of inch long. Must be able to see waxing application and removal techniques.
- Choose your areas to wax
- LEGS TO THE THIGH
- ARMS TO THE SHOULDER
- FACIAL WAXING BROWS, UPPPER LIPS, AND CHIN
- MALE BACK
- MALE CHEST
- NO NUDITY, NO BRAZILIAN, NO PRIVIATE AREAS TO BE EXPOSED.
Player must submit 1 video
Video must be no longer than 5 minutes long
Must introduce yourself and talk about sanitation in your practice, must talk about your protocol and
what area will you be waxing.
Demonstration of your protocol, please ensure your using all professional products
Talk about the specific of your waxing and your techniques. Prep skin, wax application, removal and
***All videos must be less than five minutes in length and uploaded to the Video Upload page on The Skin Games website.
You can also use other transfer modes for your media like DropBox, WeTransfer, Google Share etc.
Selfie Makeup Competition Rules
Makeup artists will do a makeup application on their self.
TSG2020 Selfie Makeup Competition, provides opportunity for makeup artists to demonstrate their skills of applying makeup on their self. You get to be your own model!
To win Best Makeup Artist, you must enter and compete in at least 3 categories. The winner will be the one with the highest combined score in 3 categories. The new Selfie category will count as one of the three categories and it is free to register.
- Each competitor will be their own model.
- You can pick any theme you would like. (Corrective, Bridal or Avant Garde.)
- Please show your sanitary practices.
- Take a before picture with no makeup on. Front and both sides Submit pictures in jpg or png format.
- Submit a 2 minute or less video introducing yourself, tell us and show us your application and your final look. You can do time-lapse if you want to show your total application or just small clips that you put together. It is all up to you! Submit you videos in MP4 or AVI formats.
- Take an after picture of your final work. Front and both sides Submit pictures in jpg or png format
You will be judged on:
- Application of Technique
- Color choices, did they work together
- Blending technique
- Overall Look, did your design get translated through out
- Will it Photograph well?
- Overall Look – Did your design match the theme
All registrations are FREE during the COVID-19 Quarantine. We recommend getting started right away but you will have until Dec. 31, 2021 to get everything submitted. The Top 10 will be chosen as finalist to go the LIVE SHOW in Florida date, venue and time TBD.