Rules and Regulations
Overall Competition Rules
Competitors will need to register for The Skin Games Lash Extension Category. Competitors must register with THE SKIN GAMES (TSG) and choose an eyelash category. Participants may enter up to 3 categories. The competition entry fee is non-refundable, $110.00 per category. By submitting an application, the competitor agrees to abide by the rules and decisions of the competition committee and judges.
Submission Deadline is September 1, 2020.
To qualify for the Grand Prize you must enter at least 3 categories:
- Volume 2D-6D
How to enter?
Each competitor must sign and submit an official entry registration.
The competition entry fee is a non-refundable $110.00 per category.
By submitting an application, the competitor agrees to abide by the rules and decisions of the competition committee and judges. Submission Deadline is September 1, 2020.
All entries will be critiqued and notified if you are a finalist by email, no later than Sept. 15, 2020. There will be 10 finalist per category.
If selected as a finalist and will not be able to make the Live Show please notify TSG as soon as possible. Dinner Tickets for the Live Show are sold separately, and are not included in the registration fee.
- Only qualified specialists who have passed specialized training can take part in the competition. All competitors must provide a scanned copy or a photo of the certificate of basic eyelash extension training or an equivalent document.
- Players are welcome from all around the world.
- Players must be able to attend the Live Show if selected as a finalist. (Please alert TSG if you are not able to attend and have been selected as a finalist).
- Anyone Lash Professional can compete in any or all categories.
- Competitors will need to submit 3 before and after picture per category as shown below:
Birds Eye View
- Participants must have full rights to photos submitted. Upon submission, you give The Extraordinary Esthetician (TEE) dba TSG rights to use these photos and likeness at the sole discretion of TEE for marketing purposes.
- Photo Requirements:
- Photos must be in JPG or PNG format.
- Photos must be original and unedited.
- Pictures/Videos must be high resolution and in focus with no Watermark.
- Participant must submit 4 video diaries (each video must be one min or less)
- Video #1 must have you introduce yourself and your model, discuss what look you are planning.
- Video #2 will show your isolation technique.
- Video #3 will show your general application technique. (If applying Volume, you must also demonstrate fan placement technique).
- Video #4 must show your final artistry and include a summary of your final work.
- Images must not have been uploaded onto any social media platforms prior to entering the TSG online makeup pre-qualifying e.g. Instagram or Facebook.
Video Diary Guidelines:
- Record all videos in landscape mode and at a high resolution (1280 x 720p minimum resolution for HD).
- Must be in MP4 or AVI format
- All images become the property of the TSG Please include the following details in your submission email:
- Phone Number
- Social Media tags, Instagram, Facebook etc.
- Website url
- Photographer name if used
- Model name
- Please state category in the subject line
FANTASY LASH ONLINE COMPETITION
Art focus: Create an image of a character on the topic of your choice, it has to be complete with lash-extension art decoration.
You may source photographers, hair stylists, costume stylists, and makeup artists. However, ALL LASH ART/WORK must be the competitors own efforts, unassisted and original! Disqualification will be enforced even if you are a finalist, if judges are able to confirm the work is not original.
Retouched, filtered or photoshopped photos, are prohibited!
PHOTOS MUST CLEAR AND OF PROFESSIONAL QUALITY. POOR QUALITY PHOTOS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
See video sample Below
TSG judges will review and select finalists from all online submissions. Finalists will be notified and invited to TSG LIVE SHOW, October 22-24, 2020 in Palm Springs, CA where they will compete in the final judging.
Work must be original and may not have been done in any other competition.
Additional photos must be sent 1 full height photo, 1 portrait, and up to 3 photos of lashes close up with eyes open and close.
Basic lash extension criteria are the same as those in classic and Volume categories
Any material that will not cause harm to the model may be used for decoration. ie, color lashes, rhinestones, feathers, stardust, caviar, etc. The use of strip eyelashes and pre-made fans are allowed on the lower lash only.
Nudity is not allowed.
For more information, contact the organizer.
Evaluation Criteria for Classic and Volume
- General overall impression (1-10 points)
- Red eyes (-3-0 points)
- Symmetry (1-10 points)
- Uniformity (1-10 points.
- Cleanliness (1-10 points)
- Length (1-5 points)
- Curl (1-10 points)
- Thickness (1-10 points)
- Direction (1-10 points)
- Distance from the lid (1-10 points)
- Contact surface (1-10 points)
- Inner corners (1-10 points)
- Outer corners (1-10 points)
- Coverage (10 points)
- Isolation(-1 point each)
- Dropped lashes (-1 point each)
- Fan quantity (not used for classic ) (1-10)
Evaluation Criteria For Fantasy Lash Art
- General impression (1-10 points)
- Cleanliness (1-10 points)
- Technique (1-10)
- Classic (1-5 points)
- 3D and more (1-10 points)
- Tiered extension (1-20 points)
- Lash coloring (1-10 points)
- Bottom lashes (1-10 points)
- Complicity of decoration (1-15 points)
- Makeup (1-10 points)
- Hair styling (1-10 points)
- Costume (1-10 points)
- Accessories (1-10 points)
- Originality of the image (1-10 points)
- Disqualification will be enforced even after notified that your a finalist, if Judges can confirm work is not original and/or assisted.
- Submitting incorrect information on the application.