Lash Lift Rules
Read through the rules and regulations that guide our judging criteria.
Criteria for Lash Lift Category
General Competition Rules & Code of Conduct:
- No refunds of competition fees are given. Competition entrance fees are non-transferable.
- Competitions are open to students and professional technicians of all skill levels.
- The Skin Games reserves the right to refuse entry to any competitor.
- Competitors and models must be at least 16 years old.
- Competitors must specify the competition division they are entering when the registration form is filled out.
- Once a competitor has registered they cannot change divisions.
- Each competition will have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner.
- A 1-10-point judging system will be used; – 1 being the lowest – 10 being flawless.
- Competitors must use and arrange for their own model for the event.
- Competitors who do not understand English must supply their own translator. The translator must be present during the competition briefing and stay just outside the competition floor in a designated area during the competition in the event they are needed for communication with the competitor. This must occur only by communicating via a floor judge.
- Rubbish bins are provided to all competitors.
- No eating allowed – only non-alcoholic drinks in competition arena.
- All products must be clearly labeled – hand-written labels are acceptable. Non-labeled products will be confiscated during the competition.
- Competitor numbers will be allocated on the competition arena via a colored sticker.
- All photos/video taken by The Skin Games personnel or contractors are the sole property of the organiser, to be used in whatever fashion deemed appropriate by the organiser without compensation to the competitors.
- After registration, you will be sent a confirmation email. If you do not receive this, please contact the organiser urgently as it means your registration has NOT been processed.
- If any competitor is entering more than one competition in one day, we advise bringing one model per category.
- All contestants must supply: neck pillow, blanket (optional), sanitizer, couch roll (optional) and your products to compete.
- You must use sterile tools for each competition category, so changing tools between each model is vital and you will be marked down if this is seen to not be the case by floor judges.
- We will be looking for safety in practice and you will be marked down if you do not work hard on the competition floor to ensure the safety of your model.
The Competition Floor:
- Only competitors and their models may enter the competition arena. Any other person entering the arena must obtain permission from the organizer or floor judges.
- Competitors will be allowed to set up their tools and products during the competition briefing. All kit boxes and bags (other than personal handbags that should be placed under the chairs) will be moved to the back wall of the arena. They will not be left at the bed. There are drawers in the desks provided where products and tools can be stored. Techs are invited to use the desk drawers during the comp.
- Each competition will have a briefing, scheduled 20 minutes prior to the start of each event.
- Competitors and models must be present for the briefing and remain at their desks until the conclusion of the competition.
- Once the allotted time is up, competitors must immediately stop working (and stand with their model); all competitors must leave the competition arena until all models have left the area to be judged. (This will take some time so it is advised that competitors take their personal handbags with them.) Competitors will be allowed back in the arena as soon as possible to clear desks or prepare for removal or the next competition.
- Any competitor found to still be working on their model after the close of the competition will be disqualified by a floor judge.
- When instructed, competitors are responsible for making sure their model understands the judging procedure and directing them to visit each judge before leaving.
- Models must not leave the judging arena until they’ve been judged by all the judges. Any model leaving the judging arena prior to being judged will be disqualified.
Finally to note…
- Any competitor not abiding by these rules will take whatever point deduction is allowed in the rules. For those rules not specifying a point deduction, there will be one warning with no point deduction. There will be a 5-point deduction for a second warning and disqualification for the third infringement.
- The Judges’ decisions are final. Score sheets will be available for competitors to collect after the Awards. If you cannot pick yours up you can contact the organisers to post your score sheet to you.
- In the event of a draw the scores will be reviewed and a winner awarded by the judges.
- Be kind to your model. It is a long day for them. Make sure they take a bathroom break before the competition. Keep your model fed and well hydrated throughout the competition day.
- The Skin Games organisers will provide all competitors with a bed, chair, trolley and lamp. Participants must provide their own tools and products, including disposable paper bed roll, pillow and blanket.
- The Skin Games Organisers DO NOT provide models.
- All competitors should arrive promptly at the stated registration time according to the competition schedule.
- Competitors and models will have to check-in and collect their badges to be allowed onto the competition area.
- Competitors will be given 20 minutes to prepare, clean their models lashes and apply eye pads.
- Competitors are not allowed to start lash lift or brow lamination application before the announcement. If organizers notice that a participant has started application before announcement, they can be disqualified.
- During the Skin Games the competitors must follow ALL the rules and regulations. No phones and no changing eye patches permitted before judging time.
- Before the competition starts- floor judges must check the models eyes for any sign of redness, infection.
- Competitors must wear appropriate professional uniform and hair should be tied back during the competition.
- An announcement will be made at the end of the competition. All competitors must stop work immediately, lay their tools down, clean their workspace, and leave the competition arena as soon as possible.
- Models are not allowed to leave the competition area until their lashes have been examined by each of the judges. After judging, they will need to stay in the competition area for a photoshoot.
- All competitors across all divisions MUST be insured and spot checks will be made.
- If you have any questions about this competition, please contact Skin Games
Every effort is made to ensure that qualified judges are provided. Judges meet prior to the competition, so all are clear on what and how they are judging and their responsibilities. Judging sheets are made available to competitors after the awards ceremony and judges will make every effort to be available for any questions/critique afterwards, although this is not guaranteed.
The judging is blind, meaning only the models will be seen by each judge. The judges will have no knowledge of which technician created which set of lashes. Models will be identified by numbers on wristbands randomly assigned on the arena. Judges do not judge every aspect of the set. Each judge is given aspects out of 10 to judge. This way they can concentrate on a few aspects of the lashes, rather than all and helps to keep the judging consistent. It also stops any one judge from drastically raising or lowering a competitor’s score, since they do not judge all 10 points.
This method of judging makes the process a bit quicker, which is good in larger competitions like this. Every effort is made to ensure judges are a mix of experts from around the world. It is your responsibility to read all the rules and obtain clarification on any you are not 100% certain of. If you compete and are judged with a deduction due to a rule that you did not interpret the way it was meant, it’s too late to change this at the competition. Judge’s decisions are final and all entries are judged on the exact same criteria. Have all your questions clarified before the competition to ensure a more satisfying experience.