The Skin Games Guide
We’ll put you through the step by step for entering The Skin Games and getting your entries submitted properly so as to make the best of your results! (All categories except the Lash Competition.)
You get in The Skin Games by registering for the category/categories where you will like to compete.
As a Licensed Esthetician, you can compete in any available category.
For categories that do not need an Esthetics License anyone with a Certification or Business card can register for the category/categories
The Makeup Category is the only category that does not require a license.
Join our Forums
If you are not following us on social media, follow us on all social media platforms.
Check the top or bottom of our website for our social media links.
It is also important to join our Facebook forums where it is easy to get information and help from current and past players, judges and professional skincare brands.
Here’s all the links to our active Facebook Forums.
The Skin Games Esthetician Forum
The Skin Games Lash Artists Forum
The Skin Games Makeup Competition Forum
Become an active member of our IG community by texting “Community” to our IG @theskingames
If you are competing in the following categories, you do not need to turn in a case study:
- Lash lifting
- Brow lamination
These are the steps you will take:
- Register for the competition
- Complete the model release form (This can be turned in at the show)
- Get tickets for the show
- Get/Request a model for competition
- Submit an intro video so we can promote you on our social media.
- Book your room
After registration, you are automatically a finalist. You do not need to proceed to step four. See you at the show!
Get your model/models
Once your registration has been submitted and payment made, make sure to get one model per category.
A lot of contestants run a social media campaign in search for models. This search for model’s is a great way to popularize your business and let your regulars and community know that you are entering The Skin Games.
You might want to consider doing treatments at a discount/for free for your model.
A lot of contestants often contact their favored product line for product sponsorship that will be used for the case study in exchange for talking about their products in their video diaries.
Submit your Forms
You are required to submit the following:
- Model Release form
- Before Picture (Front and both sides) – Please disable your phone’s beauty mode if enabled.
- After Pictures (Front and both sides)
- Consent Form
NB: This will also be a good time to have a formal agreement between you and your model to ensure they follow your instructions to the letter throughout the 8-week program.
You are expected to submit one video for each week of the 8-week journey.
You are encouraged to submit an introductory video for your entry where you can let us know about your selection process and what you hope to achieve within the next eight weeks.
Access the Video Upload Page here
Watch an example of a good video entry here
Submit your After Picture
You are required to submit your after picture which should be taken either on the day of your eight treatment or on the last day of your eight week.
Here are some things to remember while taking your after picture:
- Pictures must be taken in similar condition to the before pictures
- Lighting must be as similar as possible to the before picture
- Picture framing must be as similar as possible to the after picture
- Picture must come with a newspaper print that shows the date or be taken with a date watermark camera
- Picture must not be edited in any way.
- If your phone comes with a beauty mode, please disable it before taking your pictures.
- Submit your After Pictures of the treatment Journey