Permanent Makeup Competition Rules & Regulations
Read through the rules and regulations that guide our Permanent Makeup Competition
Pre-Game (leading up to game day):
- By entering The Skin Games sponsored by The Extraordinary Esthetician (TEE), participants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may, at Sponsor’s discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this competition are final and binding in all respects.
- TEE reserves the right to disqualify any participant based on a decision made by the panel of judges.
- This contest is void where prohibited by law.
- Participants understand and acknowledge that this is a competition for certified professionals and are not responsible or liable for any injury or health-related problems resulting from participation in the contest. Participants are encouraged to seek the advice of trained medical professionals. People with heart conditions, diabetes, history of health problems, and pregnant women should consult their physicians. Participants release and hold harmless TEE, its principles, and employees, for any harm or injury resulting from participation in this contest.
2. Eligibility and Rules
- Participants must be licensed or certified in their state or country of residence and that license or certification must be valid and not expired.
- Participants must abide by the laws governing the state or country in which they practice.
- Participants cannot switch models during the competition timeframe, however, the participant can adjust treatment protocols to achieve desired results.
- Participant is responsible for all travel and or expenses incurred while participating in “The Skin Games”
- Participant agrees that TEE may use any information submitted (including likeness and image) for its marketing purposes.
- Participants further agree that all treatment protocols and photos are the final property of TEE, participants further agree to extend publishing rights to the TEE et al”.
- Participant models must be at least 18 years of age or a signed release form from a guardian.
- Participants and Models are responsible for all expenses incurred while participating in “The Skin Games”
- Model further agrees to hold harmless TEE et al, its sponsors, vendors, and/or contractors.
- Models agree that TEE may use any information submitted (including likeness and image) for its marketing purposes.
- Models understand that no monetary compensation will be given for participation in “The Skin Games”
- Participant agrees that all results of the judges are final.
- Participant agrees to disclose all home care products used throughout the competition time frame.
3. How to Enter
- Submit completed registration entry form with photos and video of selected models for the category in which they choose to enter by the required deadline. Signed Model Release Form must accompany registration entry forms and final entry forms missing information will be deemed invalid.
- Photo ID, required certification/license required by your local governing body to legally perform permanent makeup. Examples include: An esthetician license, permanent makeup certification, and/or body artist license are required to complete registration and final entry.
- Entrants represent and warrant that their submissions are truthful, are the original works of such entrants, have not been copied from others, and it does not violate the rights of any other person or entity.
- Participants may enter more than one category; they must, however, pay a separate registration fee for each additional entry.
The Permanent Makeup categories are as follows:
- New Artist – Eyebrows
- New Artist – Lips
Best New Permanent Makeup Artist is the best total score in both lip and eyebrow categories.
The NEW category for permanent makeup is pracicing 2 years or less
- Master – Eyebrows
- Master – Lips
Best Master Permanent Makeup Artist is the best total score in both lip and eyebrow categories.
The Master category for permanent makeup is practicing 2 years or more.
4. Before and After Photos
- Participant must submit 4 photos. (See below)
- Photos must have Time Stamp
- Each photo must have a time stamp. (Smartphone users can download, Time Stamp, from the app. It is user friendly and free to use.)
- Participants must have full rights to photos submitted.
- Photos must be in JPG or PNG format.
- Photos must be original and unedited.
- It is a requirement to take photos before and after each session and the healed results.
Photos must be taken following the protocol listed below:
#1 Photo Before Full Frontal Face Photo. This needs to be a great clarity photo with the model sitting upright with the correct lighting.
#2 Photo Mapping Photo Before Pigmentation– Full Frontal Face Photo showcasing the mapping and the points required to achieve perfect shape(s) for eyebrows/lips. This needs to be a great clarity photo with the model sitting upright with the correct lighting.
#3 Photo Immediately After the Treatment: Eyebrows: Up-close photo, moving the client’s hair for eyebrows to judge the blending and overall technique. Lips: Up-close photo, removing any glide or gloss to judge the blending and overall technique. This needs to be a great clarity photo with the model sitting upright with the correct lighting.
#4 Photo Healed 4 weeks After the Treatment: Eyebrows: Up-close photo, moving the client’s hair for eyebrows to judge the blending and overall technique. Lips: Up close photo, removing any glide or gloss to judge the blending and overall technique. This needs to be a great clarity photo with the model sitting upright with the correct lighting.
#5 Photo Healed 8 weeks After the Follow Up Treatment: Eyebrows: Up-close photo, moving the client’s hair for eyebrows to judge the blending and overall technique. Lips: Up close photo, removing any glide or gloss to judge the blending and overall technique. This needs to be a great clarity photo with the model sitting upright with the correct lighting.
5. Video Submissions
Participants must submit 5 videos. The following video diaries of their model’s treatment and progress include:
Video #1: Consultation and Preparation
The first video must have a model introduction and a treatment discussion. The participant must conduct the model consultation and the discussion with the client for the future healed result. The participant must give information about contraindications if present, the skin type, technique, and the expected inflammatory response from the technique. This information must also include information about client skin type, client face shape, product knowledge and modality.
The participant must deliver the post-care information and instructions to the model and in the video. This video demonstrates proper product information and ingredients, choice of pigment, information about the technique, information about the pigment composition, and the overall intended look.
Video #2: Mapping
The participant must make a video to demonstrate mapping. It must include a thorough explanation on how to map eyebrows and/or lips on the model.
Video #3: Performance
This is a performance video on passes, procedure protocol and how the treatment progresses. Judging will be based on stretching the skin, the needle, hang/length, overall blending techniques and sanitation.
Video #4: The Immediate Results
This video showcases the result with the client sitting upright immediately after the treatment. Judging will be based on the comfort of the client during the treatment, explanation on how you handled the type of skin and the inflammation present.
Video #5: The 8 Week Healed Result
This video must include the healed result prior to the touchup treatment. The participant must explain the plan for the touchup, how the work healed, the approach for the followup, and if they would change the approach in comparison to the first treatment.
All videos must be less than two minutes in length and uploaded to the Video Upload page on The Skin Games website.
Judge scoring will be based on the following criteria:
- Quality of results achieved over the photo and series of video diaries
- Participants will be judged on explanations on how to approach the model’s skin type, tone, and condition.
- Participants ability to explain treatment protocols
- Participants knowledge of permanent makeup pigment, technique and how to achieve the results they desire
- Documentation of results achieved over the 8 week period
- Adequacy of photos and videos
- Adherence to contest rules
Scoring information is confidential and proprietary and will not be released. The decisions of the judges are final.
Winners will be announced at the Live Show to be held TBD.
Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
Trophy for First, Second and Third Place in following categories:
- New Permanent Makeup Artist
- Eye Brows
- New Artist of the year (only first place trophy given)
- Master Permanent Makeup Artist
- Eye Brows
- Master Artist of the year (only first place trophy given)
The winner will be the highest combined score of 2 categories which would include the following categories: New PMU Eye Brows and Lips or Master PMU Eye Brows and Lips.
** We encourage you to network with any or all of our sponsors. All of our sponsors welcome your calls and are happy to help you with education, consulting and sometimes even products and modalities. Please reach out and network!!!