Makeup Competition Rules & Regulations
Read through the rules and regulations that guide our Makeup Competition.
Competitors will pick from the following sub-categories:
To qualify for the $3,000 Grand Prize you must enter all Categories.
How to enter?
To enter, each competitor must sign and submit an official entry registration. The competition entry fee is $55.00 per category. By submitting an application, the competitor agrees to abide by the rules and decisions of the competition committee and judges.
All players will perform live at The Skin Games. Dinner Tickets are not included in your registration fee.
- Applications are welcome from all over the world.
- You will need to turn in a Before and After picture of model
- You will need to turn in a Intro video that introduces you and your model and how you plan to get the look you are going for.
- You will need to turn in a video of you working on your model
- Everyone can compete any or all categories.
- Images must be new and have not been seen before.
- You may source photographers, hair stylists and costume stylists, however ALL MAKEUP must be the competitors own work unassisted and original. Disqualification will be enforced even after notified that you are a finalist, if Judges can confirm work is not original and unassisted.
- Avant Garde Category
- Facial / body appliances or ornamentation will be allowed to enhance / compliment but with the focus being on the makeup application. The use of special effects attachments is allowed but may not exceed coverage of more than 25% of the model’s face.
- Airbrush, brushes, sponges & stencils as tools may be used. *Must follow instructions or will be returned without refund of fee.
- You will be judged on:
Application of Technique
Did it evoke the Theme with out explanation
Color choices, did they work together
Use of appliances or ornamentation
Overall Look, did your design get translated threw out
Will it Photograph well?
Overall Look, Did your design match the theme of the wedding
Corrective / Camouflage:
Is it Correcting or Covering
Does it look like skin or a just makeup.
Is this an everyday look?
Makeup artists will perform live at The Skin Games Live Show. Date and Location TBD.
The Skin Games Makeup Competition, provides opportunity for makeup artists to demonstrate their skills and to challenge themselves. In order to achieve the best result, the work can be completed with the assistance of hairdresser, stylist, photographer etc. As if it was for a magazine’s cover photo!
To win Best Makeup Artist, you must enter and compete in at least 3 categories. The winner will be the one with the highest combined score in 3 categories.
- Each competitor can submit one model only per category.
- No assistants will be permitted. The competitor must apply all lash extensions
- All models must be 18 years of age or older or have a parental consent form signed.
- All models and competitors must sign a TSG release form giving permission for photos and videos to be used by The Skin Games. All photos are the property of TSG.
- Models must arrive with a clean face and no Makeup. If models arrive with Makeup on they will be required to remove the makeup prior to the start of the competition.
- All models must be dressed/costumed appropriately, with no exposure of body parts. The use of any clothing, tattooing, writing or piercing that is graphic/inappropriate in nature is not allowed. Failure to comply will lead to disqualification.
- No electronic devices or cell phone/email/texting/photo usage will be allowed during the competition.
- Competitors are not allowed to touch their models once seated in the competition area until directed by the competition chairman.
- Competitors and models may not leave the competition area after the competition has started and may only be excused by the competition chairman. Anyone found leaving without permission will be disqualified.
- It is the responsibility of each competitor to secure and furnish his or her female or male model, tools, and any necessary supplies, at his or her expense.
- Conversation between Competitor(s) and model is limited. The only conversation allowed is if the Competitor(s) need to ask the model to reposition themselves for application or styling purposes.
- No talking to spectators.
- If there is coaching from the audience for any competitor the competitor will have points deducted from the score and face possible disqualification.
- Competitors arriving after the start of the competition will not be allowed to compete.
- Penalty points may be assessed during the contest time and will affect the judge’s score.
- All competitors must supply their own kit.
- All work must be an original work, your model and work can not be the same as your qualifying work
You will be judged on:
- Avant Garde: 2020 (Theme TBD)
- Application of Technique
- Did it evoke the Theme with out explanation
- Color choices, did they work together
- Blending technique
- Use of appliances or ornamentation
- Overall Look, did your design get translated threw out
- Did your design match the theme from your mood / storyboard
- Color Matching
- Blending Technique
- Will it Photograph well?
- Color Choices
- Overall Look, Did your design match the theme of the your mood / storyboard
- Corrective / Camouflage:
- Color matching
- Blending technique
- Is it Correcting or Covering
- Does it look like skin or a just makeup
- Is this an everyday look?
TEE et al and TSG are not responsible for any internet transmission problems or issues and will not be held liable for late or misdirected online submissions.
THE SKIN GAMES judges will review and choose finalists from all online submissions.
This Online Competition is open to Makeup Artists from anywhere in the world.